- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 3 hr
- Total: 3 hr 20 min
- Serving: 8
This is a great tasting combination of beans and cornbread.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can red kidney beans, undrained (16 oz.)
- 1 can pinto beans, undrained (16 oz.)
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 oz.)
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. prepared mustard
- 1/4 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 can cream-style corn
- Spray your crock pot with a non stick spray.
- In a skillet cook onion and green bell pepper until tender.
- Place in the crock pot.
- Stir in kidney beans and pinto beans.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, seasonings, and hot sauce.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Stir in milk, eggs, vegetable oil, and cream-style corn.
- Pour mixture evenly over beans.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 to 2 more hours.