- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Enjoy all the comforting tastes of a corn casserole in this 15 minute side dish recipe.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup crushed rich round, wheat, or rye crackers
- 1 11-ounce can whole kernel corn with sweet peppers, drained
- 1 7- to 8.75-ounce can whole kernel corn, or white corn, drained
- 2 1-ounce slices process Swiss cheese, torn
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash ground black pepper
- Place the butter in a medium-sized sauté pan over medium heat. Once melted add 2 tablespoons of the crushed crackers and cook until crackers are light brown. Empty the crackers from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining crushed crackers, corn, cheese, milk, basil, onion powder, and pepper to the same sauté pan and cook, stirring frequently, until all the cheese has melted.
- Pour the corn mixture into a serving dish and then sprinkle with the toasted crackers. Serve immediately.