- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 4-6 servings
Corn bread from scratch.
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a skillet.
- Sift the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt together. Mix in the buttermilk, eggs and bacon drippings. Stir only until mixed and then pour into the prepared skillet.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes.