- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This corn and roasted red pepper salad is going to become a summertime favorite. Use freshly shaved corn right off the cob if possible, and serve as a colorful side to grilled barbecue fare.
- 1 pound fresh or frozen sweet corn
- 1 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 5-6 basil leaves, finely chopped
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon water
- Place the corn, red peppers and basil into a salad bowl. Add the dash of cayenne and a few pinches of salt and fresh pepper, and then toss the mixture to combine.
- Put the mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, olive oil, dried Italian herbs, sugar and water into a medium bowl and whisk vigorously until thoroughly blended. Season to taste with some salt and pepper, and then pour the dressing over the corn mixture.
- Toss the corn and red pepper salad with the dressing to coat and then serve immediately.