- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Serves 4
Use local and seasonal ingredients to make this corn and green bean salad recipe.
- 5 ears of corn, shucked
- 2 cups green beans
- 8 cups arugula, rinsed
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned fresh basil leaves
- Bring a pot of salted water to a rolling boil; add corn and green beans and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain water and place in ice water for a few minutes to cool. Cut kernels off ears of corn and discard stalks.
- Place arugula in a large serving bowl and top with corn kernels, green beans, and red onions.
- Whisk vinegar with olive oil, salt, and pepper and drizzle over salad mixture. Gently toss to coat. Sprinkle with basil.