- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 13 min
- Total: 23 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Edamames are fresh green soybeans that are high in protein. Try them tossed with corn in this fresh and delicious side dish.
- 1-1/2 cups frozen or fresh shelled edamame
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (from 4 ears)
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place the edamame in a large saucepan and fill with salted water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, and then cook for 5 minutes until tender, and drain.
- Place the oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add the bell pepper, onion and garlic. Sauté the mixture for 3 minutes, and then add the corn, wine and edamame, and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the vinegar, parsley, basil salt and pepper. Stir to combine, transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately while hot.