- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Fresh corn kernels make this vegetarian side dish a great summer salad for entertaining.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1/2 cup diced shallots
- 1 pound tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Place the oil into a medium-sized sauté pan over medium heat.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the corn and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, then remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Place the corn into a serving bowl then add the tomatoes, fresh basil and a few sprinkles of salt. Toss the salad to combine and serve.