- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Serves 8-10 people
A unique appetizer for your next get together, Corn & Feta Phyllo Pouches are simple to make and hold a tasty treat inside.
- 9 ounces of canned corn, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces Feta cheese
- 8-10 small sheets of phyllo pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup of butter, melted
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Butter two baking sheets. Crumble the Feta cheese into a medium-sized bowl and stir in the corn. Add the egg, cream, Parmesan cheese, scallions and pepper. Mix together well.
- Using one sheet of the phyllo, cut it in half to make a square. Keep remaining pastry covered with a damp cloth to keep it from drying out. Brush the square of phyllo with melted butter and fold it in fourths, making a smaller square about 3 inches big. Continue making these squares with all the dough.
- Place a heaping teaspoon of the mixture into the center of each square and squeeze it around the edges to form a "pouch." Brush the outsides of each pouch with remaining butter and bake until golden (about 15 minutes). Serve hot.