- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Serves 12
This recipe for Coquilles St. Martins seafood chowder is a specialty of the house at the gorgeous St. Martins Country Inn in New Brunswick, Canada. It is, without a doubt, the best seafood chowder I have EVER tasted! Try it and see for yourself.
- 2 cups lobster meat, with the juice
- 1 pound scallops (cut in half if large)
- 1 pound shrimp (deveined, peeled)
- 1 can (6 1/2-ounces) baby clams
- 1/2 cup crab meat or polluck (imitation crab)
- 2 cups diced, boiled potatoes
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Melt butter over low heat in a heavy stockpot and add onion. Cook for 3 or 4 minutes or until soft. DO NOT BROWN.
- Add flour and and cook for a minute or two longer (just to remove raw flour taste). DO NOT BROWN.
- Slowly add 2 cups milk and add lobster juice, scallops, and juice from clams. Add scallops and shrimp, bring to a simmer.
- While simmering, add baby clams, crab, lobster, cream, and dry white wine. Bring back to a simmer and serve.