- Prep: 1 hr 25 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 1 hr 35 min
- Serving: 4
Lightly fried and infused with fresh dill, Copenhagen Cod Cakes taste great with a side of cole slaw.
- 1 pound cod fillets, fully thawed
- 6 cups water with 3 tablespoons salt
- 2 fresh dill sprigs
- 4 peppercorns
- 1/2 cup cooked diced potatoes
- 1/2 cup carrots, grated
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Bring water to a boil. Add dill sprigs and peppercorns. Reduce heat and add cod fillets.
- Simmer until fish is opaque, about 5 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon. Drain well and flake fish into a large bowl.
- Add potatoes, carrots, 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, dill and onion. In another bowl, combine mayonaise, pickle, egg and mustard. Fold into fish mixture. Form into six patties. Place remaining breadcrumbs on a plate and coat fish cakes well. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet. Cook as many fish cakes as will fit in pan allowing enough room to turn. Saute 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Keep warm until ready to serve.