- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 6
Refreshing pureed melon serves a simple starter dish to whet the appetite or as a sweet finale to a spicy warm meal.
- 2 (each about 3 pounds, untrimmed) ripe cantaloupes, chopped
- 1 cup plain yogurt (or vanilla flavored yogurt)
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey (or more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped very fine (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Puree melon in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and puree until smooth. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Pour into soup bowls or even wine glasses for a unique presentation.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves and a dollop of yogurt.