- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Here’s one way to put a smile on your kid’s face. Enjoy this simple dessert recipe that you can make along with your kids.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, washed, stemmed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 chocolate sandwich cookies
- Chocolate sandwich cookies
- Place a mixing bowl and beater into the refrigerator to chill for 5 minutes.
- Once chilled, remove and add the whipping cream to the bowl along with 1 tablespoon of sugar and the vanilla. Beat the mixture until soft peaks form.
- Put the berries into a bowl and mash with a potato masher or a fork. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and continue to mash to blend.
- Place the cookies in a Ziploc bag, removing all the air from the bag, seal and then roll over the bag with a rolling pin to crush the cookies.
- To assemble the dessert, place a spoonful of crushed cookies into 4 dessert dishes followed by a few spoonfuls of the whipped cream, some of the berry mixture, some more whipped cream, the berry mixture, and then a sprinkle of the crushed cookies. Garnish with a cookie sandwich and serve.