- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Makes about 1-1/2 cups
This dip may sound too good to be true but it is in fact both authentic and delicious. Serve this dish for dessert, instead of classic cake or ice cream, for an impressive and fun treat.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 8-ounce block of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups chocolate chips
- Chopped chocolate to garnish
- Place the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat to melt. Whisk in the brown sugar and cook until the mixture begins to bubble. Remove the pan from the heat, cool and then whisk in the vanilla extract.
- Put the cream cheese and the powdered sugar into a bowl and beat until blended. Slowly beat in the butter mixture and then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with some chopped chocolate and serve immediately.