- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 10
A great combination of flavors make Congo Squares delicious.
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 cup coconut
- 2 3/4 cup flour, sifted
- 2/3 cup shortening, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1, 8 ounce package chocolate chips
- Add brown sugar to melted shortening and stir until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one. In a separate bowl, mix baking powder, salt and sifted flour.
- Add dry ingredients to eggs, shortening and sugar mixture and mix well. Add nuts, chocolate chips and coconut. Mix.
- Pour into a greased 9 by 13 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool and cut into squares.