- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: Serves 6-8
This rice dish is the perfect side for most of your meals. Try using different kinds of rice with this recipe including, brown rice, basmati and jasmine.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup corn
- 2 cups chopped canned tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- Parsley and slivered almonds to garnish
- In a medium sauce pan, heat the olive oil on medium-high heat. Sauté the rice, onion, green pepper and corn until vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until all of the liquid is absorbed. Garnish with parsley and slivered almonds.