- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 6 People
Show your heart you care, try this terrific, heartwarming recipe for confetti rice pilaf, loaded with heart-healthy omega-3s, folic acid and whole grains.
Courtesy of the USA Rice Federation
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup cubed or julienned carrots
- 1/2 cup cubed or julienned zucchini
- 1/2 cup cubed or julienned yellow squash
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups cooked brown rice (cooked in low-sodium chicken broth)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary leaves, or favorite herb
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat; add carrots, zucchini, squash and garlic; cook until vegetables are tender crisp; stir in rice, pepper and rosemary; cook until thoroughly heated.
- Serving suggestion: Makes a great side dish for grilled meats, poultry or seafood.
- Note: To julienne vegetables, slice diagonally and cut each slice into matchstick-size strips.