- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Total: 1 hr 45 min
- Serving: 6
Conch Chowder is special treat.
- 1 1/2 pound conch, cleaned
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1/2 pound bacon, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 1 large potato, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon long grain rice, uncooked
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 quart water
- Put conch through food processor. Set aside conch.
- Saute bacon until crisp and brown. Add onions and garlic and cook, stirring often, until soft but not brown. Stir in conch, tomatoes, rice, bay leaves and water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat and simmer partially uncovered for 1 hour.
- Pour in milk and stir until heated through, but do not let come to a boil. Remove bay leaves.