- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
A classic ‘Collins’ cocktail is made with a main spirit blended with fresh lemon juice, simple syrup (to counter the sour citrus flavor of the lemon) and then topped with chilled soda water.
- 2 ounces spirit of your choice
- 3/4 - 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 - 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- Soda water, chilled
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the soda water, into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Vigorously shake the mixture for 35 seconds and then strain into a cocktail glass.
- Top the drink with the chilled soda and then serve immediately.