- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 4-6
Nothing like a refreshing bowl of Cool Cucumber Soup on a hot day.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 leeks, uncooked and chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint half and half
- 3 cucumbers, sliced thin
- chopped fresh dill and sour cream for garnish
- Melt butter and add cucumbers, bay leaves and leek. Let simmer for 20 minutes. Discard bay leaves.
- Add flour and mix well. Add broth and bring to a boil. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Blend in blend, then strain. Add half and half when soup is chilled. Garnish with fresh dill and a teaspoon of sour cream.