- Prep: 4 hr 30 min
- Cook Time: 27 min
- Total: 4 hr 57 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A great soup starter to a variety of meals, garnish with some sour cream and a sprinkle of fresh basil.
- 7 red bell peppers, roasted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small boiling potato, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and peeled
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large soup pan, add the oil over medium-high heat and sauté the onion, potato and cumin for 6 minutes.
- Add the roasted peppers, water and the broth to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer the mixture, covered, for 18 minutes.
- Using a hand held mixer, puree the soup until smooth and then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove the soup from the heat and allow to cool before placing in the refrigerator, covered, for at least 4-1/2 hours until chilled.