- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
This recipe for a Sazerac cocktail takes the historical mixed drink back to its original roots when it was initially made with Cognac. Enjoy its ultra-smooth and well-balanced taste.
- 2 shots Cognac
- 1 bar-spoon sugar syrup
- 3 dashes Peychaud’s Aromatic bitters
- Dash of absinthe
- Lemon peel
- Pre-chill a cocktail glass by placing it into the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the chilled glass; add a dash of absinthe and tilt the glass so that the inside becomes coated with the spirit.
- Pour all of the ingredients, except for the lemon peel, into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Slowly stir the mixture for 30 seconds and then strain into the prepared cocktail glass.
- Gently twist the lemon peel over the drink to release its natural oils and then drop the peel into the glass; serve immediately.