- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 32 min
- Serving: Makes 4 dozen cookies
This fun variation of the traditionally-known sugar cookies would make a fun surprise for a special friend.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- Mix together eggs, coffee and vanilla; blend well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar; beat in egg mixture.
- Add flour mixture; blend well.
- Allow dough to chill for 1-1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls, then roll in remaining sugar.
- Place on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until they have become golden brown.