- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: 15-18 People
Serve this coffee-flavored cake after breakfast or use as an afternoon snack. Top with cream cheese for additional flavor or sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving.
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ounces chocolate pieces
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Blend sour cream, coffee and vanilla; set aside.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until completely melted. Mix in sugar.
- Add eggs, 1/2 cup flour, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder and salt; mix thoroughly.
- Add remaining flour and sour cream mixture to egg mixture, blending well.
- Pour mixture into greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes.