- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Makes 4 servings
Poaching fruit in coffee brings out the sweet flavor of the fruit. This coffee poached fruit recipe makes a delicious, healthy and elegant dessert.
- 2 cups strong brewed coffee
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 large firm pears, peeled, halved lengthwise, cored
- 2 large firm apples, peeled, halved lengthwise, cored
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Mint sprigs
- Combine coffee and brown sugar in a pot and bring to a boil. Add pears and apples to pot and bring mixture to a boil again. Place lid on pot, reduce heat to a simmer. Cook pears 10 to 15 minutes or until tender, turning if needed.
- Take pot off of heat and let fruit sit in liquid for about 10 minutes, with a lid over pot. Remove fruit with a slotted spoon and let cool. Add honey, curry powder and pepper into poaching liquid and cook until well combined and heated through. Let mixture cool and drizzle over fruit. Garnish with a mint sprig.