- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: Makes 1 dozen muffins
These coffee-flavored bran muffins will be quite popular at your next breakfast get-together. Spread cream cheese over top just before serving.
- 1-1/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups bran cereal
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup coffee, room temperature
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour and baking soda; set aside.
- Pour buttermilk over cereal and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cream sugar and butter, then add coffee, corn syrup and egg.
- Mix in flour and cereal mixtures until batter becomes lumpy.
- Fold in raisins.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.