- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 4
Codfish stew is hearty and flavored with bacon and ketchup.
- 1, 16 ounce package frozen cod fillets, thawed and cut into chunks
- 3 bacon slices, cut up
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1, 16 ounce can tomatoes
- 1, 16 ounce can potatoes, drained and halved
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme leaves
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, cook bacon until just limp; add onion and cook until browned. Stir in remaining ingredients except fish. Simmer 20 minutes. Add fillets and continue cooking 10 minutes longer.