- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Enjoy the vibrant flavors of Mediterranean cooking with this delicious meal of roasted fish with a warm and savory tapenade.
- 1 pound cod fillet
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped cured olives
- 1 tablespoon capers rinsed and chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drizzle the cod with 2 teaspoons of oil, and then sprinkle each side with salt and pepper.
- Place the fillets on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil in a small sauté pan over medium heat, and add the shallot. Cook for 30 seconds and then add the tomatoes and cook for an additional 1-1/2 minutes.
- Stir in the olives, capers, oregano and vinegar, cook for 20 seconds and then spoon onto the cooked fish fillets. Serve immediately.