- Prep: 2 hr
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 2 hr 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This codfish is marinated in sea salt and lemon for 2 hours before cooking in the oven with fennel. Serve with buttery roasted fingerling potatoes.
- 1 pound codfish filets, skinless
- 1 lemon, finely sliced
- 6 ounces fresh fennel, finely sliced
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Sea salt
- 3 ounces dried fennel
- 1 ounce olive oil, plus to taste
- Rinse the codfish and then season both sides with sea salt. Place the fish on a platter and top with the lemon slices. Wrap the fish in plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the fresh fennel in a small bowl and toss with a pinch of salt and the lemon juice. Refrigerate until served.
- Remove the fish from the refrigerator. Spread the dried fennel on the bottom of a baking pan and then add the fish on top, drizzling with the 1 ounce of olive oil. Place the fish in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the fresh fennel for the refrigerator and divide evenly between 4 plates. Put a codfish filet on the fennel and drizzle with some olive oil.