- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Total: 33 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Succulent pieces of roast cod are topped with a sweet and savory topping of tomatoes, olives and capers.
- 4 (6- to 8-ounce) pieces skinless, boneless cod (1-1/4 to 1-1/2 inch thick each)
- 8 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground white pepper
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers (preferably salt-packed), well rinsed
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
- Place the cod into a roasting pan and then add the tomatoes. Drizzle the mixture with the olive oil, and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Put the fish in the oven and roast for 14 minutes; tomatoes should split but not burst.
- Transfer the fish and tomatoes to a serving platter, and then add the olives, capers and lemon juice to the pan. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium-high heat and then add the butter, whisking to combine.
- Top the fish with the caper and olive mixture and then garnish with the basil leaves. Serve immediately.