- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
These make wonderful appetizers to pass around to guests or even a delicious light dinner meal for the family.
- 1 teaspoon lime peel, finely shredded
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 ounces fresh or thawed frozen peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- Sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees; line a baking sheet with foil and then grease. Set aside.
- Rinse the shrimp off with cool water, pat dry and then sprinkle with salt; set aside.
- Place the lime peel, lime juice, mango, honey and cayenne pepper into a blender and process mixture until smooth.
- Place 1/4 of the sauce into a bowl; cover the remaining sauce and place in the refrigerator to allow flavors to blend before serving.
- Place the shrimp into the bowl with the sauce, toss to coat and then dip into the flaked coconut. Place each piece of coated shrimp onto the prepared baking sheet and put in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the shrimp to a serving platter and serve with the reserved sauce.