- Prep: 6 min
- Cook Time: 3 min
- Total: 9 min
- Serving: 2 people
Mild-coconut milk with spicy curry and fresh lime makes for a depth of flavor in this delicious soup.
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1, 21/2 inch strip lime rind
- 3/4 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1/4 cup julienne-cut fresh basil
- Whisk together milk, water, curry paste, salt, and lime in a large saucepan.
- As soon as boil is reached add shrimp and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook for three minutes until shrimp turn pink.
- Discard lime rind and sprinkle in basil.