- Prep: 35 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: Makes about 1 quart
Coconut milk is used in a lot of Asian cooking. Its sweet and creamy consistency adds a wonderful richness and milky sheen to dishes.
- 2 brown ripe coconuts
- 4 cups filtered hot water
- Using a sharp knife, pierce the ‘eyes’ of each coconut and drain the liquid into a bowl.
- Split the coconuts in half and then remove the white meat from the husk.
- Place the coconut liquid and coconut meat into a blender along with the hot water, and blend on high until the mixture becomes relatively smooth.
- Strain the coconut mixture into a jar using butter muslin. Cap and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.