- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 18 min
- Serving: 4
Coconut milk boosts the exotic flavor of pineapple as the toasted coconut adds a cunning crunch. Canned pineapple pales in comparison to a juicy fresh fruit, but can used in a pinch.
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple slices)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Â½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Whisk coconut milk, sugar, and cinnamon in a small shallow baking dish.
- Dip pineapple slices in coconut milk and grill on a lightly oiled grill rack over medium-high heat until caramelized, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Carefully flip with a spatula or tongs.
- Grill for an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving plate. Sprinkle with toasted coconut and serve with a scoop of reduced-fat frozen yogurt or ice cream or drizzled with half-and-half.