- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Makes 5 dozen cookies
Consider adding these easy-to-make cookies to your holiday baking, this year.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Mix together shortening, sugar and brown sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix thoroughly.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Fold in coconut and walnuts.
- Drop by teaspoon onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.