- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 22 min
- Total: 32 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Sautéed pieces of shrimp and caramelized leeks are smothered in a green curry and coconut milk sauce, and then sprinkled with fresh cilantro.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 leeks, white and green parts, cleaned and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1-1/2 pounds large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Place the butter and the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, stir the mixture until blended and then add the leeks, stirring to coat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook the leeks for 15 minutes until golden and caramelized.
- Add the garlic and the curry paste to the pan, stir to combine and then cook for 2 minutes before stirring in the shrimp; sauté the mixture over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the stock and the coconut milk; bring to a simmer and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve the dish immediately sprinkled with the chopped cilantro.