- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 3 1/2 dozen
Crackled top chocolate cookies.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease cookie sheets.
- Mix together the flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda.
- Cream the butter and sugars in a large bowl. Mix in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture.
- Add the powdered sugar to a bowl. Roll the dough into small balls and then roll in the powdered sugar. Arrange on the cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 11 minutes, or until no longer shiny. Cool for 2 minutes then move to wire racks.