- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: Makes 2 dozen cookies
These soft cookies make a cozy afternoon snack alongside a cup of hot coffee, especially on a cold day. Consider making a batch to share with a friend.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1-1/3 cups brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup cocoa, divided
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee grounds
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- Cream butter, brown sugar, 1/3 cup cocoa, coffee, baking soda and cinnamon; mix well.
- Mix in egg whites.
- Blend in flour; mix thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate dough; let chill for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine remaining sugar and cocoa.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, then roll into cocoa-sugar mixture.
- Place dough onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Sprinkle with remaining cocoa-sugar mixture.