- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
A couple years ago, a friend of mine gave me this fabulous recipe for healthy banana bread. There's also a twist -- it contains cocoa.
If you like chocolate and bananas, you'll love this healthy coco banana bread recipe. This cocoa banana bread is delicious for dessert or a snack. Some people like to add white chocolate chips to the recipe, but they are optional.
- 4 overripe bananas
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cup All Bran cereal
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup Splenda
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 Tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 8 ounces white chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mash bananas with egg whites, apple sauce, oil and syrup until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Gradually add dry ingredients into banana mixture and mix well
- Pour into a lightly greased loaf pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting. Serve with hot tea.