- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: Rub for 4 chicken breasts
A rich and piquant dry rub that is ideal for grilled chicken, this medley of spices, including cocoa powder, adds new dimensions of flavor to your poultry.
- 2 teaspoons smoke paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dutch cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Place all of the ingredients into a bowl and whisk well to combine. Rub the mixture into the chicken and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes prior to cooking as desired.