- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 8-10
Cocktail Reubens are served on party rye bread. They make a great hearty appetizer or a wonderful open faced alternative to sandwiches for lunch.
- 36 slices party rye bread
- 3/4 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 12 slices, Swiss Cheese, cut into quarters
- 1 pound corned beef, thinly sliced
- 1 package sauerkraut, drained
- Spread dressing on bread slices and top with a folded piece of corned beef.
- Spoon a small amount of sauerkraut on top of beef. Then add Swiss cheese to fit top.
- Put on baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Can be assembled ahead of time and popped in the oven as needed.