- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: About 70 1-inch meatballs
If you are going to pass around a hot appetizer at your next gathering, then make sure you have these sweet and spicy meatballs on the menu.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 16 ounces (1-1/2 cups) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1, 12-ounce bottle chili sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the beef, cornflakes, ketchup, soy sauce, onion, parsley, garlic, pepper and eggs, and mix together with a large fork or by hand.
- Roll beef mixture into 1-inch in diameter meatballs and then place in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Add the brown sugar, cranberry sauce, lemon juice and chili sauce to a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Stir well to make sure that the cranberry sauce has totally melted.
- Pour the cranberry mixture over the meatballs and bake for 30 minutes. Serve on a platter with toothpicks.