- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 6 min
- Total: 1 hr 11 min
- Serving: Makes about 1-1/2 cups
Who would have thought that Coca Cola could make such a delicious and zesty barbeque sauce? Use on all your favorite grilled meats.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 2 cups ketchup
- 16-ounce bottle Coca-Cola
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoon vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the butter in a large saucepan and melt over medium-low heat.
- Stir in the onions and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add in the bay leaf, ketchup, Coca-Cola, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, vinegar and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Stir to blend and then simmer for 1 hour.