- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Serves 8 to 10
The vibrant flavor of clementines infuses the gingery crust and luscious filling of this cheesecake dessert. For fun, let your kids crush the gingersnaps and break the eggs into a bowl before adding to the filling.
- 3 cups gingersnap crumbs
- 1/4 cup of golden brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons clementine zest
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 4, 8-ounce packages of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup clementine juice
- 4 tablespoons clementine zest
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. To prepare the crust, in a large bowl, mix together gingersnap crumbs, brown sugar, zest and melted butter until mixture resembles wet sand. Transfer mixture to 9-inch springform pan and press down so that the crumb mixture covers the bottom evenly and comes up the sides of the pan an inch. Place in refrigerator until ready to fill.
- To prepare the filling, in a large bowl using an electric mixer, blend cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Gradually add sugar, clementine juice and zest, and flour, making sure to scrape down the sides of bowl. Mix thoroughly. Add eggs one at a time, continuing to blend until mixture is smooth.
- Remove crust from refrigerator and fill with cream cheese mixture. Place in the center rack of oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until lightly golden and firm in the center. Let cool for 15 minutes. Run a knife gently between cheesecake and pan. Remove sides of the pan and let cheesecake continue to cool. Slice and serve with clementine segments.