- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 6
Taffy Apple Salad is one of the most requested desserts at picnics.
- 1, 8 ounce can crushed pineapple
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1, 8 ounce container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 pound apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- Drain pineapple and combine the juice, egg, sugar, flour and vinegar in small saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Cool completely. Fold in whipped topping and 1/2 cup peanuts. Fold in apples and pineapple into cooled mixture. Garnish with remaining peanuts.