- Prep: 24 hr 25 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 24 hr 25 min
- Serving: 12
Classic Seven Layer Salad is a family favorite that makes a grand entrance at holiday dinners.
- 6 cups lettuce, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 hard cooked eggs, sliced
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 8 to 16 ounces bacon, crisp-cooked, drained and crumbled
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mayonaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup green onions with tops, sliced
- Place 3 cups of the lettuce in bottom of large bowl; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Layer egg slices over lettuce in bowl and sprinkle with more salt and pepper.
- Continue to layer vegetables in this order: peas, remaining lettuce, crumbled bacon, and shredded cheese, along with sprinklings of salt and pepper.
- Combine sugar and mayonaise; spread on top, spreading to edge of bowl to cover entire salad. Cover and chill overnight or up to 24 hours. Garnish with green onions and paprika. Toss before serving.