- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 6
Sweet and savory, Pineapple Pork tastes great served over hot cooked noodles or rice.
- 1, 20 ounce can pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons each: brown sugar, vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup green pepper, sliced in 2 inch strips
- 1 1/2 cups onion, sliced
- Drain pineapple, reserving syrup. Combine syrup, catsup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and ginger; set aside.
- Measure flour, salt, paprika and pepper into plastic ziploc bag. Add pork cubes and shake to coat thoroughly. Brown meat in heated oil in 10 inch skillet. Drain off excess fat. Add sauce mixture; cover and simmer 25 minutes, until pork is tender. Add vegetables and pineapple. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, just until vegetables are tender crisp.