- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: Makes 4-6 servings
Pasta salad is a great dish to bring to a potluck because it is a favorite among all ages. You can’t go wrong with this basic recipe.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 yellow plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 14 black olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest.
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions, drain and place into a large serving bowl.
- While pasta is warm, add in the olive oil, vinegar, stock, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss well to coat pasta.
- Once pasta cools, add in the tomatoes, onion, olive, basil, parsley, mint, zest and a few more pinches of salt and pepper. Toss gently and serve at room temperature.