- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: 4-6
Classic Oyster Stuffing can be made for either fish or turkey.
- 1 pint oysters, drained,reserve liquid
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 large stalk celery, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 slices day old bread, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3 dashes mace
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cook onion and celery in butter until almost tender. Add oysters and cook gently until edges begin to curl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix lightly but thoroughly. Moisten as desired with reserved oyster liquid.
- Bake in a casserole at 350 degrees F for 40-50 minutes.