- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Makes 3/4 cup pesto
This classic Italian pasta sauce is so simple yet so delicious. Use fine quality ingredients to achieve exceptional taste.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups firmly packed fresh Genovese or sweet basil leaves (2-1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place the olive oil, basil, pine nuts, cheese, garlic and salt into a food processor, and process until smooth. Scrape sides if necessary and blend to combine.
- Use the pesto immediately, or place in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days.