- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Makes 4-6 servings
If you are trying to think up new and creative ways to get your kids to eat their veggies, try this classic creamy vegetable sauce as incentive.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water in which the vegetables were cooked
- Place the butter in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted sprinkle in the flour, salt and pepper and whisk to combine.
- When the butter mixture begins to bubble, slowly add the milk and the water and vigorously whisk to blend. v
- Cook the mixture for 2 minutes, or until thick, and then pour over the prepared vegetables and serve immediately.